Take charge of your money to achieve your dreams
Dreams can become reality when you set goals with a Financial Plan.
Don’t forget that the best GOAL you can make right now is to invest in yourself.
- There is a strong relationship between the level of education you reach and the income you'll earn.
- Of course, some people are especially talented outside of education, but on average, the more years of education you have, the more money you'll be likely to earn.
- An investment in a college education or specialized training will require time, money, and tradeoffs, but will add up to greater income over your lifetime.
Setting goals will motivate you to start managing your money
You can influence your own level of motivation and self-control.
Start by thinking about what influences your money decision making:
- What’s important to you? What are your values?
- How are you currently managing your finances?
- Is your money behavior a problem?
- Have you begun looking at the benefits and drawbacks of your continued behavior?
- Do you want to take positive steps to modify your behavior and make better choices?
- Setting Goals will set you on the right path.
You will likely have more than one goal at a time, and these can vary greatly.
Some of your goals may be SHORT-TERM . You may simultaneously set LONG-TERM goals.
- Prioritizing your goals means that you decide what is most important to you right now.
- All your goals are important, but it's impossible to work on all of them at once.
Aim high but don't beat yourself up:
- Setting goals that are achievable and realistic will involve some struggle and things may not turn out as you wish.
- The very process of setting and working toward your goals will help you grow as a person. If you stop setting goals or give up, this will not happen.
How can we help you?
In today’s complicated financial world, it is increasingly important to learn the fundamentals of earning, budgeting, saving and investing. It is equally important to understand the implications of debt and to avoid the pitfalls of unscrupulous lenders and other predatory practices.
This website is designed as an extension of High Water Women's weekly classes and workshops where we help thousands of students every year develop the skills and knowledge needed to become educated financial consumers.
- If you’ve taken classes with us or just found us, we’d like to help you on your journey to master this essential LIFE SKILL and make the most of your money.
- This website provides information, resources, tips and a discussion forum on the essential topics relating to personal finance.
- Implementing the knowledge and skills you gain from your time on this site can set you on the road to success.
High Water Women is nonprofit organization focused on economic empowerment and teaching financial literacy in New York City.